Wednesday, February 3, 2010
LA TRINIDAD, Benguet—The Benguet Provincial Board has finally approved the 2010 budget of the province during its regular session.
Approved was P645, 454,048.50.
Vice Governor Cresencio Pacalso said there is marked increase in this year’s budget allocation, contributing to this is a high beginning balance during the start of the physical year.
Pacalso said there was an over collection of P96 million from last year’s budget estimate.
The estimated budget allocation for 2009 was P629 million, while the actual budget allocated was P604 million, Pacalso said, adding that there were also collections of some uncollected debt to the province which caused this year’s high beginning balance.
According to Pacalso, health will get the most this year’s budget, adding the province will be giving P40 million subsidies for the Benguet General Hospital plus the subsidy for the district hospitals. He however, did not mention the exact amount.
We are still IRA (Internal Revenue Allotment) dependent, the vice governor said, estimating that this year, the province is set to collect P475 million from IRA.
From this year’s proposed budget, the Provincial Board had to realign P23 million suggested projects from the governor’s office which included the construction of Capitol II and some overpasses in La Trinidad.
Pacalso said, we have realigned the budget instead to cover rehabilitation of provincial roads which were damaged during the onslaught of typhoon Pepeng.
Governor Nestor Fongwan in a separate interview expressed his approval to the approved budget.
“We have a good collection this year, surplus collection would mean a surplus in appropriation”, Fongwan said.
During three year term of Fongwan, his administration has increased the budget of the province by P348 million.—larry madarang
Posted by larry on 2010/2/2 10:06:46
Posted at: http://karitoon.com/xoops/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1842